Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Yes, You are in control



I had a pretty good “mad” going on the other day. You know the kind… where you really relish being mad and justifying why it’s okay to be mad and really diggin’ it – you know you are right to be mad. But somebody better do something right quick like, to change my mood!

Then someone walks into the room (a loved one most likely) and I want that person to fix whatever it is that upset me. I want something changed, I want that person to do it, and do it right now! Can’t they see how upset I am? Shouldn’t their first priority be to fix everything so that I will be happy again? And if it’s a spouse (husbands in particular), they should be able to figure it all out without me having to explain it, right?

Well, wrong. Dead wrong. It’s nobody’s job to outguess what is going to make you happy at any given moment. You get a “good mad” going – chances are you may relish it until you tire of it. You decide when you are tired of being upset, pouty, angry. Then you choose to move forward and get back into being happy. You get a “good mad” going, people can do a thousand different things and it won’t make a difference if you’re not ready to let go and move on.

Are you determined to be mad about something? It’s nobody’s job to make you happy day in and day out. You are in control of being mad, and how long the mad lasts, and you control how much time you want to invest in being mad... or happy. But let me tell you something: life is short. Life is short. Choose wisely.




No comments:

Post a Comment