Saturday, November 16, 2013

Trust and never doubt




But when he asks,
 he must believe and not doubt… - James 1:6

I admit I struggle with this verse a little. Oh, I’m very practiced at the asking part. But the believing without any doubt - well… I don’t doubt that God can do anything, I guess I wonder and doubt if He will. Is there some hidden meaning behind my suffering and struggling?

So what are you struggling with right now? Overeating? Overcommitting? Sadness, depression, fears… spending too much time on ____________. Whatever the bad / rut / habit, I don’t think God wants you to live like that. I bet His will for you is to live a more healthy, joyful, balanced life.

First, stop trying to rationize, justify, explain away past attempts as an excuse not to trust in God today. Let’s deal solely with today. Today, choose to believe God can and God will change you to live a more healthy / joyful / balanced life. Write that down. Read it every hour. Ask to be convinced of it.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine
or nakedness or danger or sword? – Romans 8:35

Nothing – no thing – can separate you from the love of Christ! And how about, nothing can separate you from the power of Christ either!

Is there a bible verse that you firmly believe in? Tie it in with your new belief statement from above. Here's an example:

After his suffering, he showed himself to these men
and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive (Acts 1:3)

and so too,

I will ask and not doubt (James 1:6)

 that God can and will change me to live more healthy / joyful / balanced today.

It’s why He is known as the Higher Power, the Almighty, the Lord of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment