Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Recipe for Success



I tried a new recipe the other day. Wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out. On my own, I’m not much of a cook. So I was a little nervous and doubtful in the beginning that my attempt would look like the picture. With not much experience or knowledge of cooking more complicated dishes like this one, I surrendered to following the recipe step-by-step. I trusted the author of the book. And in the end, much to my surprise, it came out quite good! Woo hoo!

How about you? Ever face something with fear and doubt? Thinking about your own capabilities, strengths, experience? May I suggest:

You look in the “Book”
You follow step-by-step
You trust the “Author”

There are endless possibilities beyond your own self, with God. Seek Him through His Word and find the recipe to successful living. Despite fear and doubt, put your trust in the Author and follow Him step-by-step. And like me, may you rejoice when it comes out so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment