Monday, May 18, 2015

My many hats

I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in Me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from Me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)

I am worried about too many things. When only one thing is needed. One thing. Abiding with Jesus in every circumstance - in every hat. As house cleaner. As Sunday School teacher. As a wife and mother. As a dieter. As a friend with a listening ear.

Capture and recapture the warmth, security, peace, rest, love and acceptance as when you are deep in prayer and nothing else matters. You can sense Jesus' love washing over you when you really settle in to prayer and you unburden yourself of all the worries on your mind. You can be still and hear His voice saying, "I'm going to take care of that. I'm going to take care of it all. Why don't you just stand alongside Me and enjoy the warmth of the sun, the gentle breezes and the waves lapping at your toes. Breathe. Your burdens, every one - of every kind, have been lifted. I'm going to take care of it all."

Peace, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment