Saturday, May 30, 2015

All things

For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things. To Him be  the glory forever! Amen. (Romans 11:36)


This morning, God, I am grateful for all Your love and attention and participation in my daily life. For all the obvious things that come to mind; for all the generous, loving things that go unnoticed and all the miraculous involvement / work that is unseen by the human mind. Thank You for it all. For very provision; for every supply on every level. Thanks and praise to You, my Sustainer. Thank You for faith and belief though I have not seen. Thank You that all this awareness should bring hope and security to this new day. Thank You for a love of Your beautiful nature, especially the sky. The fresh air. Thank You. Thank You for this quiet time when I am not yet asking for anything, but just dwelling on how good and wonderful You are. As I look out my window, I am amazed to think You created all this and maintain all this day in and day out and throughout the nights. More things needing constant attention than I could ever count. You keep the worlds perfectly spinning and balanced. Each kind of weather is ordered by You in its due time. The calling birds, the racing squirrels and my own little kitties - all get fed by Your hand at the proper time. All of them. Nothing moves or breathes or has its being without Your knowledge, without Your hand upon them. How wondrous are Your thoughts, O God! How wondrous Your capabilities! You hear every whimper in the night and every clap of joy during the day and You are present in it all. Your love and caring know no bounds. You are in the desert places, the jungle places, big city skyscrapers and this little village. You are fully present and residing in posh apartments, farm houses, up north cabins, trailers and tents of the washed out and homeless. There is no place we can go where You are not already there. Ready to bring comfort and peace - anywhere. So I drink my coffee and pet my kitty and watch the sun rise and declare this a beautiful life. Because of You - and all this evidence of You loving, caring, giving presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment