Thursday, June 4, 2015

Right this way, please

" ... when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:8)


I have a confession to make. I am part of a book club and had been putting off and putting off this month's selection. But next Wednesday was quickly approaching so I went online and got a 26-page summary and analysis on the book and read that yesterday morning. I figured it would give me enough information to participate. Then guess what happened? I had the date wrong and book club was that very night! (Thank goodness I wasn't scheduled to be hostess and that it was being held at a neighbor's house!)

"Lord, I need to be grateful for Your loving involvement in my yesterday. How wonderful of You to have me read the book summary so I could be prepared at some level last night. I had no time to be anxious. In big important things, and such trivial little things, You take care. Thank You."

I really need to acknowledge and have faith that God takes care of me. Every day, I need to take a more faith-based approach to the unknown. God is not anxious. Ever. God always knows what to do. God is the best Preparer, Organizer I know. Seek Him. Trust Him. Lift it all up to Him in prayer.  "When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" Will He find people praying? Cry out day and night is what it says in  Luke 18. No "woe is me, what is going to happen and how will I ever be able to do it?" God will not keep putting you off (Luke 18:7). Do you believe this about every situation or not? Is God attentive, or not? Then your prayers should not be with the wrinkled brow, wringing of hands and clenched teeth. When you lift your concerns of the day up to the Lord, close your eyes, open your hands - palms up and control your breathing. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever (Psalm 106:1).

It is good for my overall well-being to believe God will always show up and to believe He is always at work beforehand, lining things up. Nothing takes Him by surprise. He has seen it all. He knows it all. He expects it all and in His supreme all-sufficiency, He can handle it all.

"Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always. Remember the wonders He has done ..." (Psalm 105:4-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment