Monday, February 3, 2014

Questioning Prayer



O Lord, I am seeking answers where they can not be found. Forgive my lack of intentional focus on You. You are my God. Time and time again I seem to fail, to fall short of what I am supposed to do and be. There seems to be no strength in me at all. Why can’t I do this? Why is it the harder I try, the harder I fall? Even when I pray, even when I cry out, why do I still sometimes fall? What am I missing here? What am I not understanding? Why all this anxiety, O my soul, when you confess to know the living Lord? Shouldn’t I be at peace? Shouldn’t every little bump in the road cause me to turn to Jesus in confidence? Why so little faith when I am known by the King? The KING OF ALL, no less. Should not a blanket of security fall upon me, should not I be in a constant state of praise for the One Who blankets me? Why doesn’t prayer always work? Too much focus on the problem instead of the God of my present. “”Grab” a bible verse and cling to it. Repeat it over and over – franctically, slowly, in bits and pieces… and tell yourself you believe it. Tell yourself you know it to be true. Until each word or phrase is “spoken” with your very breath. Let the words wash over you and calm you down. And do this, as often as you need of it, in remembrance of Him. Lord. Savior. Yours.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
 do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
 I will strengthen you and help you;
 I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
-         Is. 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment