Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Victory in the Lord



Have you ever watched a tightrope act? The person moves forward and back, slowly, a couple steps quickly, stops to regain balance… a step back, three steps forward. Eyes on the goal before him. Wobbling from time to time (much to our distress!) Until he reaches the end… We cheer and breathe a sigh of relief! He made it! He made it!

Sometimes my life seems to be moving like that. From the person I was - to the person I was meant to be. Moving right along. Then maybe a little backsliding. Wobbling. Lots of wobbling! Trying to keep my eyes on the goal.

Each step (choice) forward is a step away from the person (character) I used to be (before the desire to live for my Lord). Too much backsliding causes me to retreat from the Christlike person I am meant to be – back into old habits and old beliefs. But with each step forward, I am being drawn into the habits and behaviors and character of Christ. It can also be thought of as one end being curses and one end being blessings. Forward / good choices bring us towards a life of blessings, while backward steps draws us back into opportunities for distress and curses.  

Where are you? Stepping forward? Backward? Wobbling? Creating times of distress or health and goodness? Stop to regain your balance! Keep your eyes on the goal before you. And know that with Christ, you will get to the desired end. (cheers, applause, victory!)



No comments:

Post a Comment