Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Enter and be Safe



 Lord, how I love you! For you have done such tremendous things for me.
The Lord is my fort where I can enter and be safe; no one can follow me in and slay me. He is a rugged mountain where I hide; he is my Savior, a rock where none can reach me, and a tower of safety. He is my shield. He is like the strong horn of a mighty fighting bull. (Ps. 18:1-2 LB)

Have you been battling? Trying and trying and trying… Are you exhausted? Temptations still hounding you? The Lord is the place to rest and be safe while you take time to recover from your efforts. Yes, He watches over you. Yes, He guards and protects His own. And He can be quite aggressive about protecting His own. I’ve heard it said He would move heaven and earth for you. Now, isn’t that something?

I like reading different translations of the Bible. This Living Bible version really struck a cord with me this morning.  Phrases that caught my eye: where I can enter… no one can follow me in… he is my Savior… a tower of safety… When I’m feeling beat, it’s wonderful to know Someone’s got my back so I can rest and regroup and rethink. There is a peace and a confidence that comes from that, even though circumstances may not have changed yet. It’s not over. He is my Shield and also my Guide. He is my Protector, seeing me through. Thanks be to God!



No comments:

Post a Comment