Monday, April 29, 2013

My friends

I recently had a chance to catch up with some friends.

 Now some friends we have – we see quite often. Whether it’s sharing a coffee break or chatting on the phone or after work every day, after church on Sunday morning every week, after whatever. We laugh and chit chat and share the ordinary and mundane as well as current personal, local and national event topics. These friends are part of my daily life. Good friends. Dear friends.

There are also friends that I only get to see once a month.  In some situations, it’s because there are miles of travel between us, but we still make an effort to stay connected. We meet as a bible study group or a knitting group or make plans to attend the same event. Whatever the reason, it is so good to see them and hear about their lives while we’ve been apart. Good friends. Dear friends.

I have other friends… that I have met through our participation in a spiritual renewal weekend. These friends… well, we have a magical, mysterious, miraculous bond that can not be defined. Many of these friends, I only see once or twice a year. And when we do finally see each other, faces light up and hugs are warm and true. Feelings run deep. Smiles. Laughter. Hugs. Sharing joys and concerns. Promises of prayer and support. And I wonder – how do these friendships survive the test of time and still remain so rich and meaningful and such a treasure – each and every one?

And one friend. We hugged each other tight. But just couldn’t find the words… we just stood there – and something passed between us… a God –  empowered moment of understanding. More hugs. (Love ya, bro)

Every single one of you out there – my friends – are a gift of God to my life. Whether we connect daily, weekly, or twice a year … I feel so blessed. I am so full of gratitude sitting here thinking of all of you. My life has been lifted up by your presence.

Thank you with all my heart.

·        Can’t tell you enough what it means to have you in my life

·        You mean more to me than you’ll ever know

·        Happy thoughts just seem to follow thoughts of you

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. My Dear Friend . . . . .God really loves you
    and I really do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are living God's dream... love one another!

    ReplyDelete