Saturday, May 4, 2013

Living a fruit-filled day

 I hope you were able to enjoy a beautiful warm spring day yesterday. It turned out to be a great one for me. Not only did I make it to the gym first thing in the morning, I made healthy food choices all day, and my husband and I spent some time in the afternoon working on outdoor projects together. We scraped bubbled up paint from the deck. We started clearing out a long – lost garden over by the garage. We sat under the pine tree and enjoyed a cooling breeze and icy drinks. Plus dinner out later on!

This morning when I was thanking God for all that blessed time, this thought ran through my mind:

LOVE – Lord, I love my husband

JOY – simply being outdoors and working together on a project

PEACE – sitting together under the pine tree enjoying the sight of what we got accomplished

PATIENCE – appreciation of what got done without having to have it all completed right away

KINDNESS – getting refills on our ice cold drinks

GOODNESS – working in the black soil, warm sunshine, cool breeze, good company

FAITHFULNESS – God’s presence; sticking to healthier lifestyle choices

GENTLENESS – considering my words... words of support and encouragement vs. any criticism – as we worked together

SELF CONTROL – did not consume my whole dinner but brought some home

Wow… I hadn’t considered before how my day could actually be filled with fruits of the Spirit. How about you? Or maybe you have a loved one near to your heart that could use this insight as well.

·        Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth

·        Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide

·        Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow

·        Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside.

              (Great is Thy faithfulness – Thomas Obadiah Chisholm)

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was It was! Learning to appreciate a lot more things...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 AM EDT

    Thanks for your supportive comments!

    ReplyDelete