Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Contented Sigh

The grass is always greener… you know how the ol’ saying goes. Which means your grass can appear greener to someone else. But how can that be? I’m of sound mind and body. I believe I’m in touch with reality.  I can see and hear and touch… I believe I know what I’m talking about when I say somebody has it better than I do. Some have a greater sense of purpose than what I think I have right now. Some certainly have more money. Greater creature comforts. Better health and strength.  But I am really amazed at the people who have less – and appear to be happier. And again I ask: how can that be?

In this worldly world of ours, you strive and strive and still it’s not enough. Whether it’s power or possessions or whatever, there’s always more to be had. Where does it all end? When do you finally arrive at a place of sighing relief and contentment?

How about if we arrive today. How about we take a good look around the room we’re sitting in right now – and give thanks. How about we spend some time looking out the window and enjoying the spring-time weather we’ve waited so long for. Open your fridge and your cupboards and praise God for His overabundant generosity. Take a walk through your neighborhood holding the hand of someone you love (yes, a dog leash counts!) and really relish every moment. Snuggle down in your bed tonight and rest your head on a pillow. Sigh and smile sweetly knowing God is standing guard over you yet again.

·        God knows your needs before you even ask Him

·        When I count my blessings, I always think of you

·        God is your Supplier, Provider, Caretaker - today and every day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment