Saturday, May 11, 2013

Grace ? Me?

I’ve been trying to do some scripture memorization. I started with Matthew 6. I read it over and over and few times, then I try to write it down without looking. I don’t spend a lot of time on it. But I do try to be consistent and do it every morning.

It’s amazing what can happen.

Right now, one line is standing out more than the others. It goes like this:

“Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” – Matt. 6:4

Now, in this scripture passage, Jesus is talking about giving and praying, etc. But as my mind wanders and meditates on these words, I see them directing me towards the challenges I face in extending forgiveness to someone when I really want to even the score, and pay back. You know what I’m talking about. Someone did you wrong and you want to let them know how un-Christian they were to you. You are angry. You are hurt. And the more you think about it, the more you feel justified in making a mountain out of a molehill. Let go and let God? Really?

“Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” – Matt. 6:4

Forgive. Read a little bit of Romans chapter 12. It reminds us not to repay evil with evil. As much as possible, live in peace with everyone. God will deal with the other person and their sins and their spiritual growth.

When I don’t react like I want to… when I choose instead to handle it God’s way… it feels like I’m doing something good in secret. My heart is really set on pleasing God. And God promises to reward.

·        Through all our ups and downs, I still love you lots

·        The Lord bless you and keep you on your spiritual journey

·        His mercies are new every morning; great is His faithfulness

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Julie. I needed this post. When a parent passes there are inevitable differences in the way siblings handle things.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you loud and clear on that one... it was a rough time for me / us when my mom passed.

      Delete