Tuesday, May 28, 2013

There is POWER

 If you’ve known me any length of time, or if you’ve been following my blogs for awhile, you know that I describe myself as the shy, introverted type. Meeting strangers? – way out of my comfort zone. Writing a note sounds so much safer than a face-to-face encounter with someone I don’t know very well. My husband is energized by large groups of people. I become drained – even when I know and love them all. It takes energy from within me to meet and greet people and make sure everyone is doing okay. It is in my heart to do this. But there’s also a niggling fear that I will blurt out something stupid or overlook someone. So… how do I move what’s truly in my heart past the walls of fear to expressing God’s kind of love and attention? Well, first, in the morning, before I know how the day will turn out, I ask God to fill me to overflowing with His very Self. After that, I’m not sure how it happens. But I give testimony today that it does happen. God’s Spirit power. Because yesterday I helped serve hundreds of people at a chicken BBQ at church. Somehow, I moved here and there through the crowd, checking on people and was able to help from early morning to mid-afternoon. Somehow, I think I was more gracious and kind than I would have been had I relied on my own sense of self, abilities, strength. Somehow? Indeed, by the very presence of God and His indwelling Spirit.

Is there something challenging you, or someone you love, this day? Pray to be filled. Then believing – go.

·        But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth. – Acts 1:8 (AMP)

·        I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do… - John 14:12 (AMP)

·        And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever— - John 14:16

4 comments:

  1. A good reminder Julie, of a perfect thing to ask from God each morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will do it! Great testimony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just need to remember His faithfulness and keep moving forward!

      Delete