Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Who are You, Jesus?



© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved.

... and a great crowd of people followed Him because they saw the miraculous signs He had performed on the sick. (John 6:2)



Would they have followed Him if He had nothing for them?

Would I follow?



Perform - carry out, accomplish, or fulfill (an action, task, or function)



Have there been times when I’ve thought He didn’t show up; He didn’t answer my prayer for healing?



Will I still follow Him, believe in Him? Or question Him?

Do I need miraculous signs every once in awhile to keep my faith up?



Faith - complete trust or confidence in someone or something



Do I need to experience answered prayer on a regular basis in order to keep believing?

Is God first and foremost to me – a miracle worker of my well-intended prayers for healings?



Does my opinion of Him lessen if He doesn’t perform?



We read about ALL the miraculous signs Jesus did during His short three-year ministry, and these 12 disciples saw it daily. So many people walking, talking, and in their right mind now. Do we see all that too?

Why not?

Are we missing something? Or did they?



Do I need a daily dose of the miraculous? Would that increase my faith in God … or somehow diminish it? Somehow desensitize me to …

The SON … OF … GOD – sovereign over all things seen and unseen.



Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)



… give me only my daily bread.

 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
    and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ (Proverbs 30:8-9)



“But what about you?” He asked. “Who do you say I am?” (Mark 8:29)


Who are You, Jesus … to me?

Assurance …




No comments:

Post a Comment