Friday, January 6, 2017

I'm up ... again


© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)



I was so excited when I adopted my five-year-old son. I had waited and planned and planned some more. I was ready to be a mom! Or so I thought. But, as life teaches us, not everything goes as planned. Parenting can be tough. There were certainly days when being overstressed or overworked or overtired took its toll on my parenting skills. Then I was not the best mother. But I could not quit. I had to shake it off and just get back to being a good mom again. Get back on the horse, so to speak.



A similar thing happens to me when I diet and exercise. I can’t tell you how many diets I have tried and failed. You’d think after all these years, I would give up. But no. Every few months the urge to try yet again becomes strong. The need to fit in my clothes and be healthy just won’t let me quit.



The same goes for Christian living. Regular bible study, regular prayer time, even random acts of kindness … some days I can do it, other days it is such a struggle. Like parenting, it’s not the ideal I desire some days. Like dieting, I continually have the urge to try again.



So I will not quit. I will not become weary in doing what's good.



It’s a brand new day and -

I’m up … again.






No comments:

Post a Comment