Saturday, January 28, 2017

In a fog?


© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. (1 Corinthians 13:12)

There have been times in my life, some seemingly long stretches of time, when I was so bombarded with stresses, pressures, expectations, and decisions to make – I felt like I was in a fog so dense I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face …

o   Wandering so far from God time

o   Going through divorce time

o   Caring for my aging, ailing mother time

o   My cancer diagnosis time

But all these times eventually passed. I sit here this morning in peace. It’s quiet. My bible, my journal, my cup of coffee. My softly snoring kitties at my feet. All is well. The pressures I thought would never end – have passed by. At the time, I wondered, couldn’t imagine – a time of such peace.

Now I don’t know what today will bring. But I know Who stands with me. Like the fog hiding my hand, I know it is there even though I can’t see it. And it is the same with Jesus and your current situation. Know He is there! At some point the fog will be lifted – and you will see face to face. Perhaps in the morning. When it’s quiet. Over a cup of coffee.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM EST

    Hi from Molly, your fellow journeyer in the fog! Thanks for this. My husband used that passage from Lamentations at my request in his sermon at my dad's funeral in December. Write on!

    ReplyDelete