Thursday, July 2, 2015

Awesome God - is here


I'm an open book to You; even from a distance, You know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of Your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and You're there, then up ahead and You're there, too - Your reassuring presence, coming and going. This is too much, too wonderful - I can't take it all in! (Psalm 139: 2-6, The Message)


Thank You, dear God, for having everything under Your supreme, divine, and sovereign control. You are well aware of what's dying, what's lingering, what's struggling and what's starting up. The church. The cities. The small groups. Their life and breath are all in Your hands. This morning I have life and breath and Your fresh air. Birds singing. The rest of the family still blissfully sleeping. A new day dawning. Coffee and comfort. Books to read and yarns to be knitted. Still cards to create And still a porch to clean and paint. Dinner out. Another day. Thank You. Thank You for being in our midst. Thank You for being involved. Thank You contentment can mean being sure of You, God. Of Your wisdom, power, and faithfulness. Nothing can trouble. Nothing can frighten. Things may not be going perfectly smooth, but with God, its still okay. Things are moving along and God is overseeing it all. I can put all hope and trust in Him. Breathe. Zone out on God's beauty. Let it overtake me. Grass, flowers, trees, sky, sunshine, breezes. Gently sigh. Breathe.

Trust and believe that all the rest is in God's capable hands. Believe He is at work this very moment to make things aright. You are safely nestled into His holy plans. Do not be afraid. Step out in faith. Step out with a smile. He is before you, He is behind you. He is your Guard on the left and right. Look around. All around you are absolute signs of God's presence. It surrounds you no matter where you stand. Let the glory of the earth, of nature, be reminders of His infinite, everlasting presence in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment