Tuesday, December 16, 2014

How about you? Did you know ...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you … (Jeremiah 29:11) 
 
That familiar Christmas song about Mary realizing just Who she was holding and kissing has really caught my attention since I started working at a childcare center. How wonderful to nuzzle and rock a sleepy little one. And I have wondered what will become of them. Do their parents dream of doctors, lawyers and teachers, perhaps? Or are they just hoping their children will be happy, and givers, a help to mankind and make the world a better place? 
 
I look back to when I held my son, kissed his little forehead. Did I know then that he would some day go to war to fight for a justice and a freedom for a nation of people we do not know or understand? No. 
 
What about my own mom. Did she know when she was combing my unruly locks that I would someday marry a pastor, love the Lord with all my heart, and repeatedly write about Him that the world might know Him better; be constantly reminded about Him? Probably not. 
 
Mommas (and daddies too), did you know … your child would have such amazing strength as to face cancer in the eye and defeat it? Or have a gift of capturing God's beauty through the lens of a camera at a level and skill others only dream of? Lead a program that teaches children how to learn and grow. Or someone who goes above and behind what most others would take the time for …  
 
Did you know - when you held your little baby - that this child would grow up to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothes to the poor, visit the sick and imprisoned … would live as the hands and feet of Jesus … 
 
When you kissed your little baby, did you know you - kissed the hands of feet of Jesus? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment