Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What in the world ...?



Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. – Romans 12:2

Dear God, thank You that You work everything out for good. Thank You that our spiritual selves aren’t strapped to this world. What I think and feel about You – for sure, this world is not my home. Thank You for the option. Thank You for freedom and breath. Thank you for hope and renewed chances. Thank You that anything is possible with You. Thank You for never leaving me high and dry. Thank You for being the perfect supplier and equipper and that life is more than what this world is so focused on. Thank You I don’t need to compete and keep up with the Joneses here. What is really desirous is the beauty You bring into my life. Your abundant grace, mercy, love and joy that all the treasures of this world can not bring. For Your beautiful character and how it affects me. Your generosity in every way. What in the world satisfies like You? Wealth? Fame? Position? Superficial pleasures? No matter what (or how much) I seem to have that’s worldly, nothing is more comforting or more fulfilling that what I receive from You, Lord. You have a way of talking to me and communicating with me that settles me down and gives me hope, energy, peace and power. And it feels more complete and satisfying than what the world offers. It’s a rather unexplainable thing. Just as You are too big and awesome to capture into human words, this too can not be explained. It’s a spirit thing and we all have spirit. Praise You, Lord, that I am in this world, and not of it. I belong to You. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment