Saturday, August 2, 2014

Your Love is Amazing



While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8

I’m just going to come out and say it: I get tired of reading the bible. I know – it has remarkable stories of faith and life and living; words that encourage and strengthen; and every time you read it something new and enlightening seems to pop up.

I’ve read through the whole bible a few times now. And while I don’t have parts memorized, there are times when I am tempted to skim through a passage or two – they’ve grown so familiar. But there is a truth that always catches my eye, makes me stop in my tracks, causes my throat to tighten and my heart to skip a beat …

While we were still sinners …

Before I even knew God, He washed my sins away. When I think back to those years before I really committed to Him; living for my own self – gratification with no thought of Him … even those years I professed to be Christian and fell flat on my face with horribly bad choices. To this very day, there are times when I drift into disobedience. And yet, despite all this:

Christ died for us.

To think, there was a time when I was an enemy of God (Romans 5:10). In His great mercy … oh, my! Through the very life and blood of His Son, He brings perfect healing and restoration to a relationship I didn’t even know I needed. He loves me and saves me and gives new life to me – knowing all that I am. The complete story of me. And the same is true for you.

Sins have been washed away; forgiven. (Matthew 26:28)
Nothing can separate you from the love of God. (Romans 8:38-39)

All the stories in the bible, all the history, poems, songs, and letters – point to this undeniable truth, this profound, unimaginable gift! It both takes my breath away and gives me breath – to live in a right relationship with Him. Praise God! Again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment