Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Believing Friends

When I pray I want to always thank You, God the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ,  for the friends You have given me who have a genuine faith in Christ Jesus and a love for Your people. This faith and love spring from the hope that is stored up in heaven. - Colossians  1:3-5

And it takes a lot of friends! Each one having a special gift. Some lift me up when I am down. Others spur me on and encourage me when I think I can't. More love me just the way I am. I have friends who bring me to my knees in laughter. Many more love Jesus like I do and love His people like He does - and it's a wonderful thing to share this common thread woven through our hearts.

Despite any and all differences, there is a common bond that holds us friends together - we love Jesus dearly. And want to please Him. Bring glory to His name. And although we can't do it perfectly, with the help of one another, we continue to try to be good and kind and helpful in His strength and in His love that dwells within each one of us. 

Our God is an awesome God. He blesses us with awesome friends. I am reminded of a song and I think the chorus goes something like this: we are one person; they are two alone; they are three together; they are four for each other. That really "sings" to me about being created individually but moving forward - together - with common purpose: that the world may know Christ and the power of His resurrection.

Thanking God this morning for: those I can go to any time; those I can talk to and hold nothing back; who do not laugh at my dreams and failures; those who warn me of dangers and potential mistakes. But most of all, for all those friends journeying on this Christian walk with me every day in every way. Thanks be to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment