Friday, January 24, 2014

Still Love You



I had to take my two newly adopted kitty-cats to the vet this morning for their initial check-up. We hadn’t gotten regular carriers for them yet, but I figured for this trip we can re-use the cardboard carriers we got from the humane society.

Well, I will leave it to your imaginations all the trauma and drama of getting a cat into a box and closing the lid. By the third try, I was scratched and bleeding and my husband and I weren’t seeing eye to eye on the process either. Those cats were mad! Not happy with me and my tactics to get hold of them to put them in. Not happy being in a dark, closed-in, confined space.

But when they got to the vet’s and he opened the box, they popped out and let me pet and scratch and nuzzle them and they seemed just fine with me. They still loved me! They just didn’t like the situation.

Remind you of anybody? Have you ever gotten so mad at God? Then later realized it was really just the situation you hated. You still loved God.

Maybe we need to apply that to other relationships as well. When you’re ready to fire off some hurtful, smart remark… maybe you should just slow down and consider what you’re really upset about. Most likely, the other person isn’t trying to hurt you, it’s the situation you find yourself in that you don’t like. Calm yourself and believe in the passing of this circumstance to the time when everything will be okay again. And like my kitties, don’t hold a grudge.

2 comments:

  1. open box stand on end hold by front underarms and lower back feet in first close lid here it works but i don't have a cat

    love the comments regarding relationships ... all the way to do not hold a grudge sage advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments and good advice for the future!

    ReplyDelete