Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lighter and Brighter



Yesterday was bitter cold. Kind of dark and gray and snow blowing so hard across the windows I couldn’t see outside. Stayed inside. Air seemed dry and stale in the house so I put pots of water by the vents. Moved from rocker to sofa – kind of restless; sluggish. Ho hum. Already this winter I feel like I’ve been stuck inside too much. Cabin fever it’s called.

Today, it’s still bitter cold. But the sun is shining. Its rays coming through the window, brightening the yellow flowers I have in a vase. I see little birds on the feeder. I went to do a little shoveling. Bundled up, but it didn’t feel awful cold. In fact, it felt kind of good to get out and breathe in some fresh air. And my blood started flowing. I even saw some blue sky. The sun seemed to make everything lighter and brighter. The sun.

Can the Son do the same thing? Can He make things seem better even when it’s “bitterly cold” on the “outside”? With the Son, can you see things that were hidden from your sight before? Make things lighter and brighter? I’d like to think it was true.

There sure is a difference in my spirit today – from yesterday. The only thing that really changed was that the sun came. Instead of thinking about all the things you want changed, how about if we just invite the Son in… Come, Lord Jesus, come! You make all things new!

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”
 Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
– Rev. 21:5

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:56 PM EST

    I know that what makes my day, sun or not, cold or not, sad or happy, it's your Intermissions for Hope. You have a way of making things seem brighter than I thought were possible. Continue to lift me up and I will pass it on to others.
    GLYADSI, Rich Yeckley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog and for your kind, encouraging comments...as long as God lays things on my heart, I will continue to write them down for Him...

      Delete