Thursday, January 23, 2014

Not Mundane at All



 A pretty drab, ordinary day. Threw some meat and vegetables into the crock pot. Mixed up some lemonade and put in the fridge. Cuddled with my two new kitties that we just adopted from the humane society. Washed and dried a load of clothes and got them put away. Did some knitting on a prayer shawl. Sent some cards out to shut-ins. Pretty boring stuff, huh? Well, there’s another way to look at the mundane and ordinary…



Threw some meat and vegetables into the crock pot (For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat). . Mixed up some lemonade and put in the fridge (I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink). Cuddled with my two new kitties that we just adopted from the humane society (I was a stranger and you invited me in). Washed and dried a load of clothes and got them put away (I needed clothes and you clothed me). Did some knitting on a prayer shawl (I was sick and you looked after me). Sent some cards out to shut-ins (I was in prison and you came to visit me).

Why do we make Jesus’ love commands so difficult and complicated? They're not. Take a look at your day and see where you’ve obeyed. You might just surprise yourself. Little things matter to God. Verse 40 follows up with: “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’  Your service doesn't necessarily need to be huge and across the other side of the world to be called obedience. You've been called to serve right where you are too. Your family. Your neighbors. Just day by day following...



I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
– Matt. 25:35-36

No comments:

Post a Comment