Monday, January 13, 2014

“God, be GOD for me…”



Come, Lord Jesus… in all Your big, bold, underlined fullness.

I know I’m not supposed to dwell on the past, or my current circumstances, or to plead with You to change what I fear my future circumstances might turn out to be. No matter what – past, present, or future – I need You to be all that You’ve promised to be… Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. (Is. 9:6)

Circumstances certainly do come and go – for all of us. Things come to pass (Luke 2:6). And there are times that fully come (Gal. 4:4); at their appointed time (Gen. 18:14). For such a time as this (Esther 4:14).

In all these situations, God, be GOD for me. In all Your fullness.

Wonderful Counselor: help me to acknowledge Your wise presence in my life; that guidance and direction are closer than a whispered prayer;

Almighty God: bigger, better, wiser, stronger than my greatest joy or fear – God of order and reason;

Everlasting Father: with a love that has no beginning or end, no ifs, ands or buts… totally, fully, complete – always caring, parental, nurturing, pursuant love beyond human understanding;

Prince of Peace: a sigh, a release, a rest, security and protection in the present and the future. An absolute. The Peace is here, present. You just need to whisper His Name… “Jesus”… and you’ll sense… something… gentle and soothing… focus on it… it’s within your reach… the peace of the living Christ.


   I will lead them along paths
    they had not known before.
I will guide them on roads they are not familiar with.
    I will turn the darkness into light as they travel.
    I will make the rough places smooth.
Those are the things I will do.
    I will not desert my people.
- Is. 42:16

No comments:

Post a Comment