Thursday, January 17, 2013

Practice Practice Practice

Seems like my memory ain’t what it used to be… I can handle maybe ten things on my mind at one time. If you give me something more to remember – one of the ten already there … gets dropped. I would like to think I could keep everything at a high priority and get it all done – and done well. But the fact of the matter is - I must choose what is going to be a priority in my life.

Jesus didn’t have much time here on earth. He had to make the most of the time He had. He made choices like: solitary time with His Father, healing the sick, teaching disciples… We, also, don’t have as much time here on earth as we’d like to think. This is our one time in history. Are your hands already full? Do you not have any spare moments left? God doesn’t call us to ADD His will to our already full day-planners… but He is asking you to choose your priorities.

And what is God’s will for you? I think I’d be safe is saying to “Love your neighbor as yourself.”  We all are strengthened, encouraged, lifted up by a kind thought, word or deed. Let us evidence our good principles by good practices.

Formerly when you did not know God you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God or rather are known by God, how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? – Gal.4:8

We have received your power in the coming of the Holy Spirit, and we will be your witnesses.  - Acts 1:8

So, today and every day, show some love. Purposefully. Intentionally. Determinedly. Practice extending love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Gal. 5:22)

Yes… send a card. Or email. Or phone call. Or hug. Do you have the time?

  • Wishing you a wonderful, heart-warming day!
  • May knowing that you are dearly loved bring peace and grace to your day
  • You are important to me, my day, my life…

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment