Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolve


Finally, the home modem has been repaired and I am back at it!

So… I was watching the news the other day, and I saw where Kate Middleton, since becoming a big part of the royal family, has resolved to focus on five specific charities on a regular basis. And I also saw a clip of a young girl who not only draws pictures and write letters to overseas soldiers, but also encourages other children to do the same – and she has sent literally thousands of letters out. Not only that, but she has received photos of servicemembers holding a letter or drawing… with the biggest of smiles on their faces. She too, has decided to steadily encourage and uplift a cause.

And that is how my “ministry” of notes and cards started. My heart was drawn to those in nursing homes / shut-ins and I resolved that they should receive some good old fashioned mail at least once a month. “Somebody is indeed thinking of you.” And I also have a heart for pastors… oh my, how they need prayer and encouragement! I send words of prayer out to the ones I know on a weekly basis.

During the Christmas season, we think about the wonderful good news brought to us by the angels. A Savior is born to us. But how many of us are really sharing that “to the ends of the earth”?

May I propose that if you are shy about sharing the good news story, that you consider resolving this year to support someone who does. Whether it be missionaries, or pastors, innercity / youth group programs, Christian based recovery programs…army chaplains…  and so many more… It’s easier than you think to get some addresses – check with your church office or the Red Cross or even the phone book…

I am shy. And I am doubly shy at sharing the good news with non-believers. But there are others who are out there… facing their fears, facing persecution, facing obstacles, in order to do it… and maybe some committed prayer would open doors for them. And maybe a note sent their way (whether weekly or monthly) would encourage and strengthen them. Just because they are willing, doesn’t mean it comes easy to them. Will you join the “team” and “cheerlead”? … it is still doing your part … working together as a team – to spread the good gospel news!

  • Remembering you in prayer, you have my steadfast support!
  • God has His good plans for you, in His good time.
  • Taking some quiet time to pray, and you came to mind.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment