Friday, October 19, 2012

Pass it on!


Ever read a daily devotional and nothing jumps out at you? Yeah. Or when you read the bible – this “come up dry” and “thirsting for a special message – just right for me” feeling. Just right for my own special need or situation. Hmmm… sitting there. Wondering. Praying for meaning. A thought about a friend comes to mind. I push it aside. This is my quiet time with God. My time to be fed and directed by Him. So I know how He wants me to follow Him today. Friend comes to mind again. And yet again. I look down at what I was reading. A phrase. A verse. The friend again.

 

Could it be that the message I am seeking… is not for me at all? But for a dear friend. God is directing me – to be a conduit; a messenger. He’s wanting me to pass something on.

 

Coming up empty after reading a devotional or scripture? Ask God if He has someone else in mind. And pass it on!

 

  • God brought you to mind today – so I said a little prayer.
  • I read this and it made me think of you (include phrase or verse)
  • (write down phrase or verse) and just add: thinking of you today

2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I have added to my study/prayer time. I now write a card to the person God brings to mind. Glad I have your cards to send!

    Praying for all at MPP 23
    God Loves you and so do I.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome servant of God you are! Every little act of kindness is big in His eyes... God bless you for your reaching out heart.

    ReplyDelete