Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Being a friend


I met someone new the other day. We got into a conversation and she shared about her mother recently passing away. And my heart went out to her. Because we always think of death as the end. But for those remaining behind, handling all the details, life goes on… and on. I am reminded of another friend who recently lost her husband. All the legal stuff has come and gone. Its been several weeks since the funeral. All the sympathy cards have stopped coming. Everyone has gone back to their normal routines. But the grieving process will continue for a long time for her and her family. There is no back to normal for them. And I am prompted to send a little note… saying, my heart is close to your heart during this time. When you weep, you do not weep alone. I am your friend in this….

 

You know there will be the many first–time “withouts” in the coming year. Time will pass. And they’ll find a new normal – in some ways. And once in awhile…. still…. a memory.

 

Does this sound like someone you know? Would a little note from you help? You bet it would.

 

 

  • I often think of you and wonder how you’re getting by
  • Let me bring dinner over one day next week. I’ll call to set a date.
  • Write about a funny, happy time you remember involving the deceased.

No comments:

Post a Comment