Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Choosing to remember and believe


 I woke up this morning worrying about my boys. The trials they are each facing. One, finally! – on his way home from Afghanistan, but re-entering our world and “starting a new life”; and another beginning his high school years. And as I prayed, I couldn’t help but include the millions of other parents worrying about their boys and girls… and it got pretty overwhelming. So many children – maybe not on the right track. Making dangerous choices. And I thought about how many generations this has been going on – this worrying over children. I had to stop and remember what I’ve been telling my friends all the while my son has been overseas, “Either God is everywhere, or He’s not.” Either God really loves us like He says he does, or….not. Either God really does take care like He promises, or… not. The bible is filled with His promises of provision and strength and wisdom and power, control and love. Bigger and better than we can. Remind someone today of God’s faithfulness… remember and believe. It is safe to trust in Him.

 

Who do you know that needs this reminder  

  • He’s got the whole world in His hands. For generations, He has.
  • Jesus accepts you and cares for you, you and your children too.
  • Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word

No comments:

Post a Comment