Friday, October 12, 2012

Where is He, indeed?


I moved recently. I won’t bore you with all the agonizing details of packing, sorting, unpacking, finding places for…. But there is something I want you to think about and pass on.

 

I have a ceramic Jesus statue made many years ago by a favorite aunt. Jesus knocking at the door. It’s a beautiful piece. A one of a kind piece ( my dear aunt is well into her 90’s now – there will be no replacing this treasure).  Anyway, during the unpacking and “finding a place for” phase of the move, I looked and looked for the box marked “Jesus”.

And I said to myself, “Hmmm… I know He’s here somewhere!” And, you know, a little light clicked on inside my head – I KNOW He’s here somewhere!

 

How often we get so focused on the doing or so focused on our current situation, and we do wonder where Jesus is. Your head faith tells you He’s here somewhere. May your heart be just as convinced even if you can’t see Him, touch Him, feel Him at the moment.  Remind someone today… just write it down like this:

 

  • Jesus is ever present, even when you can’t feel Him. He is at work in your life.
  • Good is coming.  Trust in the Lord and wait for it. Don’t give up.
  • Watch and wait for the Lord your God. And know that I am watching and waiting with you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment