Saturday, January 4, 2020

Daily Stretches

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
It's a play on words so I better start with what I was reading in my bible.

First off, I didn't want to read my bible. I was frustrated and upset over something, a little angry with myself, and I didn't want to pray about it. I wanted to be angry about it. But it got me nowhere. And eventually I heeded His call to sit with my bible and rest from my own thoughts.

Mark 3:4-6: Then Jesus asked them, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill? But they remained silent. He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored.


Stretch out your hand. So I did a little research on stretching, reaching and touching.

Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. (Exodus 14:21)

Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus. (Acts 4:30)

When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands... (Psalm 77:2)

Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind Him and touched the edge of His cloak. She said to herself, "If I only touch His cloak, I will be healed." (Matthew 9:20-21)

... and the people all tried to touch Him, because power was coming from Him and healing them all. (Luke 6:19)

Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe."

In all my distress, I didn't stretch out my hand to Jesus. Did not think about the power that comes from Him.

But Jesus said, "Someone touched Me; I know that power has gone out from Me. (Luke 8:46) 

There is no limit to what Jesus can do - WILL do.

A man with leprosy came and knelt before Him and said, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man. "I am willing," He said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.  (Matthew 8:2-3)

Endless power. Endless compassion and love for you.
So do your daily stretches. Reach out to Jesus.
Stop doubting and believe.

As a side note, after I read my bible and pondered the words, I did some walking to relieve some stress and a Christian song came on the radio with words that addressed my situation exactly. Exactly. The verse was word for word. And the chorus? Cry out to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment