Wednesday, January 15, 2020

What happened to the light?

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I was looking in the fridge this morning. The light seemed dimmer. Was it going out? Do we have another refrigerator bulb in the house? I started moving things around to get a better look. It was then that it dawned on me. I had just gotten groceries yesterday. Every shelf was filled with good things. Milk, cheese, meats, fruits, veggies... this "horn" of plenty was actually blocking the light.

And I have to wonder how often we look at the "goodies" from God and forget the goodness of God. His abundance, over abundance - extended to us. Because He loves us so...

Are "goodies" in life blocking your view of the love-light that shines from God's heart?

Take a look, a good look around. Move some stuff over. See the Light?

Be filled with gratefulness.
Be filled with awe at God's abundant provision.

Many, Lord, are asking, "Who will bring us prosperity?" Let the light of Your face shine on us. Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound. (Psalm 4:6-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment