Sunday, January 12, 2020

Early in the morning

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house... (Mark 1:35)

Very early in the morning... today... my pastor-husband was up. You see, we had ice and snow overnight. And so now, a decision needs to be made whether to hold church services or not.

While it was still dark...

He got up, left the house... to test drive the roads around town. To help in making this decision. And HE LEFT WITHOUT HIS PHONE. So there was no way for me to contact him if I thought he was gone too long. No way for him to contact anyone should he slide off into a ditch. And I couldn't track him using the Find Friends feature on our synced phones, because his phone was here at home! Worrisome thoughts started niggling my brain.

So I could choose to worry...
Or I could choose to believe things would be all right.
Why?
Because -

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, JESUS got up, left the house...

I resisted worry. I believed God was present. I believed God was involved. I believed God was already there - before I even had a chance to pray.

How about you?









No comments:

Post a Comment