Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Are we walking?


 No, this isn't about a new year's resolution about walking. But as I've been reading in Genesis the past few days, I have discovered a distinction between living with God and walking with God.

Now  we know in the bible there are plenty of people who have lived for the Lord. But a couple passages caught my eye and got me to wondering:

(Genesis 5:24) Enoch walked faithfully with God, then he was no more, because God took him away.
And Enoch walk in habitual fellowship with God. (AMPC)
  Enoch walked steadily with God. (MSG)

Noah walked with God. (Genesis 6:9)
Noah walked in habitual fellowship with God.

So I looked up the word "walk" and what I found was so interesting.

WALK - to move at a regular pace by lifting up and setting down each foot in turn, never having both feet off the ground at once.

Is that packed with some thought provoking stuff, or what?

I hope you ponder this.

Is your walk with God -

  •    at a regular pace?
  •    does it involve lifting up?
  •    and setting down?
  •    and in its own turn (time and place)
  •    and how about never having both feet off the ground at once!

In every season of life, in every season, may we be ever walking - walking with the Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment