Monday, October 30, 2017

The Perfect Prayer

In the same way the Spirit [comes to us and] helps us in our weakness. We do not know what prayer to offer or how to offer it as we should, but the Spirit Himself [knows our need and at the right time] intercedes on our behalf with sighs and groanings too deep for words. (Romans 8:26 AMP)


Some of you may wonder about the irregularity of my posts. I certainly do. I see many a blogger out there writing something every day. How do they do it? Although I do like to wait and "feel" moved by the Spirit to share something, I am also guilty of wanting my post to be over the top inspirational - powerful - of greatest value. I mean, I don't want to waste your time. And I want you to come back! So every post needs to be extraordinary, right? Full of purpose. Every word packed with meaning. Every word chosen carefully. The perfect word. And my posts should be concise - not too short and not too long. Rules! Rules! Rules!

And I have to wonder if we sometimes approach our prayer time with the Lord in the same way. Not every day. But only when we have something really important and when our words are filled with, well - just the right words. We want our words to be powerful and meaningful. Especially when we are praying aloud. And we certainly don't want to waste God's time rambling either. Let's get it right, right? Because we want to be worthy in case we need to come back (to Him).

When the truth is - God just wants to hear from you about anything and everything. Spend time with you. Converse with you. No rules. Just come. Stay as long as you want. Or check in throughout the day. Whisper or shout. Groan if you can't find the words. Or just sit and smile with folded hands.

No rules when it comes to prayer.
Just come.
And make God's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment