Thursday, October 12, 2017

Helping you, helping me

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
... let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another ... (Hebrews 10:24-25)


I had coffee with a friend yesterday. She was mentioning how she was sticking to her diet. Tell me more! Tell me more! I'm ready to try anything! Her telling of her commitment inspired me to give it another try.

Another friend was talking to me about going to the gym. I have a membership but have failed numerous times in getting over there. But her talking about going - somehow made me want to go.

Someone I know recently started a new hobby. The excitement and passion over it keeps her hands and mind busy so she isn't doing any unhealthy snacking. Maybe I should find a new hobby too?

When I had cancer last year, the thing that spurred me on the most was the fact the others survived. So I could too.

People meet regularly to talk about addictions or weight loss - their sharing of hits and misses spurs one another along.

You ask my son and he will tell you he joined the army because "Mom, if you can do it, I can do it."

Bible reading and prayer can fall under this category of topics too. That's why there are so many small groups - made up of real, regular, ordinary people - sharing in their doubts and fears and struggles to understand.

Let's not be afraid to talk about our struggles. We might just help someone else along the way. And gain some fresh insight for ourselves.

Let's get together ...






1 comment: