Sunday, October 22, 2017

A heart of worship - the journey

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. (Psalm 51:10-12)


Going through the motions of another Sunday morning: showering, finding something decent to wear, grabbing breakfast, writing out tithe check ...

Double checking everything at the church prior to the service: is someone setting up coffee hour snacks, do they know how to make the coffee, is the Sunday School room readied with plenty of the supplies, greeting others cheerfully as they come in ...

Sit down in the pew. Running, scattered, busy thoughts about the day ...

Call to worship. (It's starting)
Opening Prayer. (Slow it down, Jules)
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
Opening hymn. (finding my voice of glorifying praises)
Choir Anthem. (finding my breath as I listen to the words)
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Prayer of Confession (ugh) and Assurance of Pardon. (ahhh)
Do not cast me from your presence
 or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Scripture readings. (Familiar passages)
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
Sermon. (snippets of Yes! and Yes!)
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Holy is the Lord God Almighty!




No comments:

Post a Comment