Friday, October 6, 2017

A time to plant

© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Who am I, and who is Apollos, that we should be the cause of a quarrel? Why, we’re just God’s servants, each of us with certain special abilities, and with our help you believed.  My work was to plant the seed in your hearts, and Apollos’ work was to water it, but it was God, not we, who made the garden grow in your hearts.  The person who does the planting or watering isn’t very important, but God is important because he is the one who makes things grow. (1 Corinthians 3:5-7 TLB)


With all that's going on in the news lately, I am finding it hard to settle into some "God time". I've been waiting for some amazing message of inspiration and encouragement to write about in the midst of these hard times. I'm joining everyone in prayer for God to step in and do something. Why isn't He doing something? It's gonna take a miracle ...

Asking God for a miracle sometimes makes me think I see Him as a candy machine. Gimme what I want. Or like going to that fast food place where I can get it "my way". A miracle is when I don't have to do anything, right? Just do it, God!

But I think the real miracle is when God takes whatever little bit we offer - and brings about an amazing result.

Somebody donates water.
Somebody donates blood.
Somebody goes to hug and listen.
And real lives of real people receive real help in their time of dire need.

Everywhere you look, along with the bad news, is good news of people pitching in. People helping. Every little thing is turning into a miracle. A God miracle. Got your own set of troubles? Worried over loved ones?  Finances. Relationships. Health concerns. Feeling like God isn't making a miracle happen? Make an effort. Take a step forward in the right direction. Do your homework. Make the best choices you can. Do what you can. Above all, keep the faith. And watch for the miraculous hand of God. Because He is the One Who makes things grow.






No comments:

Post a Comment