Monday, November 6, 2017

The best part of waking up ...

In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new agreement between God and you that has been established and set in motion by my blood. Do this in remembrance of me whenever you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:25 TLB)

There was no orange juice left yesterday morning. So I looked around and found some grape juice we must have purchased for use in home communion or something. I poured a glass of that instead. And as I lifted the glass to my mouth, a most profound sense of JESUS overwhelmed me. It must have been the smell of the grape juice (which is what we use in church on communion Sundays). I smelled it again and again - Jesus, Jesus, filling my whole being. I can't explain the power of that moment.

And how "surprising" that that same morning, we had holy communion at church. Without thinking, I lifted the cup and once again that smell captured my every thought with JESUS. Even more tangible than before! Jesus, precious Jesus! I can't stop saying His name! What a beautiful moment for me. One I want to experience again and again. I want to remember Him again and again.

In the morning when I rise, give me grape juice! Give me Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment