Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Recipe for success

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. (Psalm 20:7)


I like to know what's next. My day. My week. Or a big event up ahead. Like cooking from a recipe, I like to have things prepared before diving in. I like to know just what to do. And I like to know what comes after that. Yes, it's a control issue. But when it works, I think it gives me a sense of peace. Well, sort of. Because I still find myself worrying that my anticipations might not be accurate. So I should probably think up a plan "B". Just in case.

But, the unexpected does happen. Suddenly, and without warning. Catching me off guard. Gulp! Unprepared! Thoughts race. Do I know what to do? Can I think clearly? Can I even breathe? Panic - setting in. What AM I going to do? I wasn't ready for this! I can't trust my own abilities on such short notice ...

So ...

I toss a prayer up to heaven. A wordless cry really. And God hears me. God is already present. Already guiding me. Helping me. Presiding over. Leading me straight through. Because God is good. He never slumbers nor sleeps. Always aware. Always ready.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not rely on your own insight.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)


Trust in the Lord.
That's my plan for success.


No comments:

Post a Comment