Monday, March 30, 2015

Why Jesus

Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about Him ... (John 12:16)

Jesus Christ. Savior of the world. Risen from the dead and alive. I don't really know how I believe this. I can see how it would all seem impossible. I can see how it all doesn't make sense. This wages of sin is death thing (Romans 6:23) and a substitute was provided (Hebrews 9:26, 28) - can't even fathom the awesomeness of that; the grandiose gift of that. No sin in heaven is a reality. Everything loving and worshipful. Hard to imagine there really was a time on earth like that. But life in the garden of Eden was closer to God than we can ever get to know until heaven itself. And those that lived with Jesus in their midst - those who were granted "knowing" - this taste of heaven. And I talk as if Jesus were no more.

 But we profess Him alive, present, but unseen. I don't want my living testimony to only be about:  He did something that made me happy, so I will praise Him. I want to love and praise Him in the storms; in the silences; in the barren; in the pleasant places; in the mundane too. Because I know Him to be faithful and true; loving, wise and powerful with complete sovereign control. I will praise Him for no reason, no answered prayer, no pleasant surprises. I will praise Him and lift His Name on high. Nothing is better than trusting, believing, knowing the goodness of Jesus Christ. Knowing. Resting in that knowing. That He can do impossible things. All things are being taken care of. Nothing escapes His eye or His tender heart. Trust and believe in His perfect timing, His wisdom, His love, His grace. Be at peace about all things. He does not overlook a thing. His glory is coming. They did not realize it until it came to be. He promises that in all things - good will be the final outcome for all who believe (Romans 8:28). A rainbow is coming. Trust and believe and leave all matters to Him. He is faithful to His Word and will not disappoint. Cast all your cares at His feet. He's going to deal with them wisely, perfectly anyway. Praise Him that you know this assuredness about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment