Friday, March 13, 2015

Free, indeed

... just as Christ was raised from the dead, through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.. (Romans 6:4)


Dear God, always, always - thank You for Your Word. For these morning quiet times with You and any thoughts You impress upon my heart and mind. I am grateful this relationship can happen. Yes, thank You, Jesus. Help me to live aright in these moments and free me from distractions that I might truly enjoy this gift and bond with You.

Thank You for Your help in getting me to give up the sin of gluttonous eating. Renew my mind that I would think about food in a good, right, healthy way and minimize its importance and use it to fuel my body and empower me to live our Your commands, as well as truly enjoy its blessing from You. Thank You for other total victories over past bad habits that were sinful. Smoking, drinking, and wild, pointless haphazard living. Thank You that way of living and sinning is past. Thank You for victory. Every good and perfect gift comes from You, God. (James 1:17)

Forgive our lack of devotion to You. Have mercy on all of us lost and confused souls. Especially those of us who have experienced Your mercy, forgiveness and grace and still panic and lack trust. Forgive us for not fearing You as we ought. Forgive us for having a more pressing concern over the praise from others over obedience to Your commands. "How long? How long must I stay with you?" (Matthew 17:17).  I'm sorry, Jesus, we have all fallen so short and have put that frustration in Your mouth. Thank You for Your compassion and patience with us, especially us who claim to be Your followers. Thank You for the tremendous gift of total and complete forgiveness. Thank You for paving the way to freedom from bondage to sin. Thank You for the certainty of being with You forever and a day. We can be alive in Christ and dead to sin. I pray we recognize sin for what it is and hate it as much as You do. I pray by Your Spirit we would be determined to do things God's way, that through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

And I say, "Amen, Lord." (Jeremiah 11:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment