Monday, March 16, 2015

Miraculous signs

... and a great crowd of people followed Him because they saw the miraculous signs He had performed on the sick. (John 6:2)


I read this and I ponder ... quite a question before me. Would I still love God, follow Him if He did nothing for me?

First off, God does everything for me. My very next breath is by His command. All that I have materially, tangibly, the character of my spirit - every good and perfect thing is from the very heart and hand of God. I am given abundantly. Rich in blessings. Do I chase after His miraculous signs? Do I need to see great signs and wonders on a steady, regular basis in order to keep following Him? All I have needed, His hand has provided. Again, I sense such abundance right now. Most of us do live in rich abundance. Do I chase after Him for more - as though no more will come? Or can I rest in the fact, in the certain assurance, that God will take care again? Am I arrogant in saying that - or am I showing myself to be a precious, beloved child of God who knows and trusts her Father? A little sigh escapes my lips. I know that my Redeemer lives and reigns today and all my tomorrows. I can live in the secure knowing that He loves and takes care of me.

Join me in that restful thought today.




No comments:

Post a Comment