Saturday, April 4, 2015

Wholly Thine

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, protect them by the power of Your Name, the Name You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one. (John 17:11)


"Thank You, Lord, that I know enough to trust You with all the trials and worries of this life. Thank You, that I know You are Peace. Thank You for this morning time together. Thank You for every time I pause and think on You. May I reflect on Your beauty as much as I ask for help. Thank You for washing away all my sins and fitting me for this eternal life that has already begun with You. Thank You for rescuing me; delivering me from the horrid path I once was on. Thank You for another day and Your loving presence in every moment of it.

I lay at Your feet this desire to be liked and admired by everyone. I know it leads to worry and pridefulness. May Your Spirit so work in me ... I invite You in now to do so - and continue to do so, that I might live in such a way as to bring love and admiration to You. O God, this is not something I can do on my own. But I do desire for You to increasingly live through me. I open my hands and lift them up to You. Holy Father, in most solemn and humble prayer, Father, pick me up and take me where You want me to go this day. I am wholly Yours."








No comments:

Post a Comment