Monday, April 6, 2015

Who is this Jesus? Do you know?


“Don’t you know Me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time?” (John 14:9)

 

Who am I now that You are developing in me greater stability in trusting You? There is much to do and I’d still rather sit and do “nothing” “productive”. Housework, filing, writings, organizing, creating …Lord, I feel like I need to get moving, get engaged. What is holding me back, and will You release me, untangle me from needless restraints? What weight is oppressing me? Do I need to go on some kind of other diet? What a bizarre concept. What am I feeding my heart, mind, soul as well as my bodily strength? Is there garbage going in other places besides my stomach, draining me, limiting my effectiveness as Your servant? “I can’t” and “I don’t feel like it,” are powerful words. Are they more powerful than You, God?

I guess I would have to let the word of God have a chance. If I say, “I can’t,” and don’t allow God a rebuttal, well, then, I guess “I can’t” becomes the final word. (Didn’t I just pray about not letting the devil have a final word with me?) But when I remember all things are possible with God (Matthew 19:26) and I can do all things through Christ Who give me strength (Philippians 4:13), do I realize the power in those words or have I heard them so often that I say, “I can do all things ya-da, ya-da, ya-da?” God’s words need to mean something and I need to build my hope on them. Ponder and let them and their full impact sink in. Circle back to trust and belief because you know Him. You know what He’s done for you, for others – for generations.  Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room enough for the books that would  be written (John 21:25). Miracles, wonders, signs. Good Shepherd, indeed! Lord of all, yes! All wise, all powerful is He. Faithful. Steadfast. Trustworthy. True. You can bet your bottom dollar He’ll see you through. All the woes He’s seen you through. All those woes He’s seen family and friends through – should not bring thoughts of despair but of thanks and praise for the victories and for confidence in the victories to come.

“Don’t you know Me …?

And therein lies our peace. What the Lord has done, He will continue to do. He will overcome the world with us one step at a time and get us safely Home. Hallelujah! What a Savior!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment