Thursday, April 23, 2015

I stand corrected

If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. - 1 John 5:16

He should pray ... and GOD will ...

What ?!!! If I see someone sinning, I should point it out and let them know how to do it right. I mean, there are plenty of times when the wrong seems so obvious, I can't believe they can't see it themselves - and the correct thing is equally obvious to me. Why, it would be wrong to not say anything, right?

He should pray ... and GOD will ...

If I do hold my tongue, am I prone to talking about that sin with others who believe like me? You know, let's all get in on the finger pointing and let's all agree - not only on the sin but on the obvious correction that person needs.

He should pray ... and GOD will ...

These are some difficult words to swallow. Because it sounds like even with all my experience and intellect, I am not supposed to confront this person who is sinning. Sounds more like God wants to do the convicting of heart and spirit and lead that person to the way everlasting in His own wisdom and strength. Me? I am called to "just" pray.

... and GOD will ...

Will. Sounds like it's going to happen.

He should pray ... and ... GOD will ...

Do your part. Your 1 John 5:16 part. Pray.

Fixing other people - I stand corrected, Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment