Monday, March 4, 2013

Living in Confidence

I’ve been doing a lot of reading and thinking during this Lenten season. Questioning myself on what I know and believe. I mean… really, truly, absolutely.

Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.” – Acts 16:31

I feel pretty confident about that. It’s not just head knowledge. I truly believe in my heart that believing in the Lord and you are saved. And I can live each day in the knowledge that this promise from God is a true promise.

In My Father’s house there are many rooms… I go and prepare one for you… and then I will come back and take you to be with Me. – John 14:2-3

I feel pretty confident with that one too – I have an eternal place in heaven and that Jesus will come and take me there.

But these are only two of many, many promises God has made to you and me. What about some of these others:

How about this truth: “… be confident of this, that He Who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” – Phil. 1:6

“Those who hope in Me will not be disappointed.” – Isaiah 49:23

“See, I am doing a new thing!” – Isaiah 43:19

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28

“Everything is possible for one who believes.” – Mark 9:23
 
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.” – Jeremiah 17:7
“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28:20

Now what are you thinking and feeling?  What is happening in your head and heart when you read these words? Aren’t these also true words of God? Like the first two verses I mentioned - true promises we can live in confidence?.Take hold of one of these scripture verses, and claim it – head and heart for yourself today.

Confidence - belief or trust in somebody or something, or in the ability of somebody or something to act in a proper, trustworthy, or reliable manner
 
Trust -  to place confidence in somebody or in somebody's good qualities, especially fairness, truth, honor, or ability

Believe - to be of the opinion that something exists or is a reality, especially when there is no absolute proof of its existence or reality.

Surely - without a doubt or without fail

  • You can be safe and secure in the presence of Jesus
  • God always knows what to do next
  • All of God’s promises are trustworthy and true

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder! Thank you.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Living Each Day with Confidence . . . .because of His Love!
    What an awesome feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all wonderful! Be blessed by Him Who loves you so!

    ReplyDelete