Monday, March 25, 2013

Rain, rain, go away...

 Another gray sky, brown grass day. Hmmph. I waited every day last week for some beautiful, spring-like, renewing “something” to happen so that I could post a refreshing, inspirational message. But I had one ordinary day after another. And here it is – the beginning of a new week and it’s starting off a another gray-brown day.

I guess it can be said of all of us. We want everyone to see us at our very best. Sunny and bright and hopeful and encouraging and light-hearted. But that’s not real life, is it? The truth is: in between the highs and lows, there are some pretty ordinary “blah” days – blah perhaps because we have such high expectations.

But life is constantly moving forward. The highs don’t last, the lows don’t stick around forever (good thing to remember); and these blah end of winter days won’t be here much longer either. Life is constantly cycling through. If there’s one thing you can count on, things are gonna change.

I think I’m going to spend a little time creating my own refreshing moments. Someone posted on facebook the other day a saying – something about I’m tired of being an adult – I’m going to hide in my blanket tent and color! And it got me to thinking about some pure, innocent, childhood fun. What was your favorite childhood toy? (paper dolls) What was your favorite childhood game? ( hmmm… hopscotch?) What was the best movie you ever saw as a child? (Ol’ Yeller) What about favorite childhood food? (of course, it’s ice cream – with banana cut up on it with chocolate syrup!) Goll, I’m feeling better already! Sitting here writing all this down has taken my focus off the gray – brown outside. Could there be a lesson there? Take your eyes (and your thoughts) off the circumstance and turn to something sweet and wonderful. Whatever is lovely – think upon these things. (Phil. 4:8) Apply biblical principles (truth) to your day today.

·         Thoughts of you make me smile – inside and out!

·         Remembering all the good times we’ve shared – miss you!

·         Some of my fondest memories are times spent with you.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment